The Inspiring Australia Victoria (IAV) program seeks to increase year-round participation in science and develop new science engagement opportunities. As part of this, the IAV program now offers small grants ($500–$2000) to support regionally-based organisations to deliver community science engagement programs and events.
What activities are eligible?
Grants are designed to support organisations seeking to run public science events and activities within Victoria. We particularly encourage applications for grants for suburban, regional and rural events, and events involving collaboration between two or more organisations from different sectors or disciplines.
Eligible activities include Lifelong Learning, Citizen Science, and Kids Science Clubs. Learn more about suggestions for these type of activities by reading our Inspiring Australia Victoria Grants brochure.
Who can apply?
In 2019 the Partnership Network Grants will be available to members of Public Libraries Victoria and the 10 Victorian Tech Schools, who will be lead agencies for their Local Government Areas (LGAs). Other organisations, groups or individuals interested in applying for a grant should contact their local PLV library or Tech School to discuss possible auspicing, support, and/or collaboration.
When to apply?
Round 1 will open on 1 March and close 30 April.
Round 2 will open on 13 May and close 28 June.
Round 3 will open on 15 July and close 30 September.
To submit, use the online application form
How are grants awarded?
Grant applications are reviewed as they are received. Grants will be awarded by no less than three members of the Royal Society of Victoria’s Outreach and Partnerships Committee within each round until the allocated funds are expended.
If successful, what is required?
If your grant application is successful, your organisation will be required to sign a “grant acknowledgement” which outlines what is needed to acquit the grant. Requirements include:
- What event or activities did the grant monies support.
- Basic metrics on the event: age ranges of participants, numbers of participants, etc.
- Promotion of event: details on strategies for promoting event/activity including online and outreach to local media.
- Use of Inspiring Australia Victoria logo on all promotional material.
- Photos from event: photographs taken of event.
- Feedback from participants: gather feedback from participants (anecdotal is fine).
- We will ask grantees to sign a general release for RSV to use photos and other media files for promotion and reporting purposes.
Contact us to discuss your idea
We recommend that you contact us prior to submitting an application. Please contact Ms. Ann Woelk at [email protected]