Victorian Seed Grants - Libraries, Community Organisations and Individuals
The Victorian National Science Week Coordinating Committee invite libraries, community organisations and individuals to apply for seed funding to run a public event, activity or program during National Science Week 13-21 August 2022.
Grants are up to $1000 each (GST free). Public Library Services may apply for multiple grants, provided separate grant applications are submitted, and the applications are for events occurring at different locations.
Feel free to get creative! Previously, National Science Week has featured workshops, lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, festivals, competitions and film screenings, but as long as your proposed event meets the eligibility criteria below we would love to hear about it.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, read the eligibility requirements, and complete the short application form by 12noon Friday 11 February 2022.
Be sure to attach a completed budget using this budget template (Excel spreadsheet).
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are open to libraries, community organisations and individuals who would like to create and present a public event during National Science Week highlighting and celebrating the contribution science makes to our society because science is for everyone.
- Events will preferably take place in Science Week, 13 – 21 August 2022, but may take place within a week either side of National Science Week.
- Events must take place in Victoria (regional events will be prioritised).
- Events must be open to the general public.
- This grant scheme is for public libraries, community organisations and individuals only. Schools wishing to apply for National Science Week funding may apply to the National Science Week School grant scheme.
- Public Library Services may apply for multiple grants, provided separate grant applications are submitted, and the applications are for events occurring at different locations.
- Due to the limited availability of funding, the costs of salaries, capital equipment and catering are unlikely to be funded.
- The budget template must be included in the application.
Successful applicants must:
- Provide a valid tax invoice (ABN required) to receive funds.
- Acknowledge this grant funding by including National Science Week and Inspiring Australia logos on all promotional materials.
- List their event on the National Science Week website by 1 June 2022.
- Complete a brief event evaluation by 1 September 2022.
This event evaluation will include requests for:
- Basic metrics on your event: age ranges of participants, numbers of participants, etc.
- Media stories from your event: details regarding any print, radio, or TV relating to your event.
- Photos/videos from your event: please ensure you gain permission to pass on these materials for use in public forums from all people featured in any material you provide.
- Feedback from participants: gather feedback from participants (anecdotal is fine).
- Applications for Seed Grants will close at on 12noon Friday 11 February 2022.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid-April.
- National Science Week, 13-21 August 2022.
All decisions made by the Victorian Science Week Committee in relation to these grants are final, and no further correspondence will be entered into following funding announcements.