The Inspiring Australia strategy was developed by the Australian Government to increase engagement and interest in the sciences. The Inspiring Australia program in Victoria is jointly funded by the Australian and Victorian governments, and run by the Royal Society of Victoria.
Inspiring Australia Victoria encourages involvement in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) through initiatives including National Science Week Victoria, the Australian Citizen Science Association, and STEM Hubs in the Whittlesea, Ballarat, and Monash areas. These programs include community forums, science talks and industry nights, new citizen science projects, and year-round activities in regional communities.
Inspiring Australia Victoria Board
- Dr Amanda Caples (Victoria’s Lead Scientist) – Chair
- Mr Mike Flattley (CEO, Royal Society of Victoria; Manager, Inspiring Australia Victoria)
- Dr Bobby Cerini (Questacon; Senior Manager, Inspiring Australia)
- Ms Anita-Marie Canals (Manager, Policy & Project Management, Tech Schools Division, Victorian Department of Education & Training)
- Ms Jenny Ruffy (President, Victorian Public Libraries Network)
- Dr Peter Skilton (Chair of the Victorian National Science Week Committee)
- Dr Nurin Veis (General Manager, Scienceworks, Museums Victoria)
- Ms Julia Page (CEO, veski)
- Dr Matt Wenham (Executive Manager, Policy & Projects, ATSE)