The Inspiring Australia strategy was developed by the Australian Government to increase engagement and interest in the sciences. The Inspiring Victoria program is jointly funded by the Australian and Victorian governments with the Royal Society of Victoria.
Inspiring Victoria encourages involvement in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) through initiatives including National Science Week in Victoria, a Victorian Chapter of the Australian Citizen Science Association, and year-round, regional engagement through a statewide Partnership Network auspiced by the Victorian Tech Schools and participating members of Public Libraries Victoria. These programs include community forums, science talks, industry nights, citizen science projects, kids’ science clubs and cultural activities with a “science” flavour!
Inspiring Australia Victoria Board
- Dr Amanda Caples (Victoria’s Lead Scientist) – Chair
- Mr Mike Flattley (CEO, Royal Society of Victoria)
- Ms Tamara Niznik (Senior Manager, National Networks and Programs, Questacon)
- Ms Sarah Hayton (Manager, Tech Schools, Victorian Department of Education & Training)
- Dr Angela Savage (CEO, Public Libraries Victoria)
- Ms Tristy Falkenberg (Deputy Director, CSIRO Services)
- Ms Kate Barnard (Chair of the Victorian National Science Week Committee)
- Dr Kade Mills (Chair, Australian Citizen Science Association, Victorian Chapter)
- Mr Jonathan Shearer (General Manager, Scienceworks, Museums Victoria)
- Ms Julia Page (CEO, veski)
Manager, Inspiring Australia Victoria – Ms Rena Singh