The Inspiring Australia strategy was developed by the Australian Government to increase engagement and interest in the sciences. The Inspiring Victoria program is jointly funded by the Australian and Victorian governments with the Royal Society of Victoria.
Inspiring Victoria encourages involvement in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) through initiatives including National Science Week in Victoria, a Victorian Chapter of the Australian Citizen Science Association, and year-round, regional engagement through a statewide Partnership Network involving members of Public Libraries Victoria and Neighbourhood Houses Victoria. These programs include community forums, science talks, industry nights, citizen science projects, kids’ science clubs and cultural activities with a “science” flavour!
Inspiring Australia Victoria Board
- Dr Gillian Sparkes (Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability) – Chair
- Ms Catriona Nguyen-Robertson – Executive Officer
- Mr Mike Flattley (CEO, Royal Society of Victoria & Manager, Inspiring Australia Victoria)
- Dr Angela Savage (CEO, Public Libraries Victoria)
- Mr Cameron MacRae (COO, Neighbourhood Houses Victoria)
- Mr Andres Lomp (Community Engagement Officer, Parliament of Victoria)
- Ms Kate Phillips (Senior Curator, Science Programs, Museums Victoria)
- Ms Émer Harrington (Head of Programming & Audience Development, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria)
- Ms Fern Hames (Director, Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research, DELWP)