The Inspiring Australia strategy was developed by the Australian Government to increase engagement and interest in the sciences. The Inspiring Victoria program is jointly funded by the Australian and Victorian governments with the Royal Society of Victoria.
Inspiring Victoria encourages involvement in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) through initiatives including National Science Week in Victoria, a Victorian Chapter of the Australian Citizen Science Association, and year-round, regional engagement through a statewide Partnership Network involving members of Public Libraries Victoria and Neighbourhood Houses Victoria. These programs include community forums, science talks, industry nights, citizen science projects, kids’ science clubs and cultural activities with a “science” flavour!
Inspiring Australia Victoria Board
- Associate Professor Djuke Veldhuis (Councillor, The Royal Society of Victoria & Director, Advanced Science – Global Challenges, Monash University) – Chair
- Dr Catriona Nguyen-Robertson (Science Communications Officer, Royal Society of Victoria & Senior Tutor in Science Communication, University of Melbourne) – Executive Officer
- Mr Mike Flattley (CEO, Royal Society of Victoria & Manager, Inspiring Australia Victoria)
- Dr Angela Savage (CEO, Public Libraries Victoria)
- Mr Cameron MacRae (COO, Neighbourhood Houses Victoria)
- Mr Andres Lomp (Community Engagement Officer, Parliament of Victoria)
- Ms Kate Phillips (Senior Curator, Science Programs, Museums Victoria)
- Ms Émer Harrington (Head of Programming & Audience Development, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria)
- Ms Mel Wyatt (Senior Manager Education, Zoos Victoria)
- Ms Fern Hames (Director, Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research, DELWP)
- Ms Joanne Phillips (Executive Director, Science Teachers Association of Victoria)