The Regional Science Champions project is a joint initiative between Inspiring Victoria, Scienceworks and Public Libraries Victoria – with the goal of delivering Professional Development training in STEM activities for regional Libraries.
Participating librarians receive training that build their capacity to deliver their own STEM activities to their local communities during Science Week and throughout the year, with a particular focus on how to deliver online programs.
The training includes:
- How to set up online events
- Science experiment ideas for online STEM shows
- How to engage local Science Ambassadors
- Networking and building partnerships
- Public STEM resources for audience participation from home
- How to maximise social media impact
- Evaluating project success
The training is ran by Scienceworks Programs Manager, Kate Barnard, and participating librarians receive ongoing support from Scienceworks to keep delivering online STEM programs.