- This event has passed.
Mount Alexander College Science Showcase
15 August 2018 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pmFree
A roaming interactive event run by students focusing on what they are learning in there science subjects. Some exhibitions include, Grossology, testing fingerprints and blood spatter, student designed experiments, bangs and booms, light and smoke, secrets behind the Aussie bank note.
Mount Alexander College is preparing students for the 21st century. Classes are organised against a vertical curriculum allowing students from a range of ages to mix and work together in their chosen subjects. Science electives at MAC are strongly student-led and provide a large variety of interest points.
This showcase will be a roaming event for the school community and other visitors to see students present work they have created in their science subjects and run interactive displays for visitors to interact with.
Some exhibitions include:
- Grossology projects in Medicine and Disease
- Testing fingerprints and blood spatter in Forensics
- Student designed experiments from VCE classes
- Chemistry performance, bangs and booms
- Physics light and smoke show
- Secrets behind Australian banknotes