Victorian Seed Grants - Libraries and Community Organisations
The Inspiring Victoria Partnership Board invites public libraries and community sector organisations to apply for seed funding to run a public event, activity or program during National Science Week (12-20 August 2023).
Grants are up to $1000 each (GST free). Organisations may submit multiple applications for different proposals.
Feel free to get creative! Previously, National Science Week has featured workshops, lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, festivals, competitions and film screenings, but as long as your proposed event meets the eligibility criteria below we would love to hear about it.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please read the eligibility requirements below, then complete the short application form by 12noon Friday, 2 June 2023.
Be sure to attach a completed budget using this budget template (Excel spreadsheet).
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are open to libraries and community organisations who would like to create and present a public event during National Science Week, highlighting and celebrating the contribution science makes to our society.
- Applicants must represent, or be auspiced by, a member of Public Libraries Victoria or an incorporated organisation holding and offering the coverage of public liability insurance.
- For events entirely focused on people under the age of 18 without guardians present, event holders must hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Events will preferably take place during National Science Week, 12 – 20 August 2023, but may take place within a week either side of National Science Week.
- Events must take place in Victoria.
- Events must be open to the general public.
- This grant scheme is for public libraries and community organisations holding public liability insurance only. Schools wishing to apply for National Science Week funding may apply to the National Science Week School grant scheme.
- Public Library Services may apply for multiple grants, provided separate grant applications are submitted, and the applications are for events occurring at different locations.
- Our main interest is in a quality event with strong participation. Funds may be attributed to any component of your activity, including staffing or catering.
- The budget template must be included in the application.
Successful applicants must:
- Provide a valid tax invoice (ABN required) to receive funds.
- Acknowledge this grant funding by including National Science Week and Inspiring Australia logos on all promotional materials.
- List their event via the National Science Week website by 30 June 2023.
- Complete a brief grant acquittal by 1 September 2023.
This event evaluation will include requests for:
- Basic metrics on your event: age ranges of participants, numbers of participants, etc.
- Media stories from your event: details regarding any print, radio, or TV relating to your event.
- Photos/videos from your event: please ensure you gain suitable permission from all people featured in any visual materials you provide.
- Feedback from participants: please gather feedback from participants. We will provide successful grantees with a pro-forma survey tool to assist with gathering feedback.
- Applications for Seed Grants will close at on 12noon Friday, 2 June 2023.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid-June 2023.
- National Science Week, 12-20 August 2023.
NOTE: All decisions made by the Inspiring Victoria Partnership Board in relation to these grants are final and not subject to negotiation.